- Current Research Projects - BC
- Decision Support Tools & Competencies ➤
- Learning Resources for Mental Health & Substance Use
- Issues Workshops
- Job Board ➤
- New Grad Workshop
- Nursing Leadership Programs
- Opportunities for Nursing Researchers
- Professional Development ➤
- Student Programs ➤
BCCNM transferring responsibility for Certified Practice DSTs to NNPBC
Nurses and Nurse Practitioners of BC (NNPBC) is delighted that the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) has transferred over responsibility for the review and maintenance of the Certified Practice Decision Support Tools (DSTs) and Competencies.
"NNPBC is well-positioned to serve as the home for the DSTs and competencies as part of our role as BC's professional nursing association.", said Michael Sandler, NNPBC Executive Director. "We're delighted that we will be able to offer the management of this service to nurses across the province. We are also fortunate to have a close, collaborative relationship with the BCCNM that allows each organization to fully realize its mandate."
The change will go into effect in March 2020 when we will begin hosting the DSTs on our website.
It is important to note that the BCCNM will retain responsibility for:
- Registering RNs who hold certified practice designation and maintaining the Certified Practice roster
- Certified Practice scope of practice
- Standards of practice
- Certified Practice course review
- Responding to complaints about individual registrants relating to Certified Practice