- Certified Practice DSTs ➤
- Current Research Projects in BC
- Issues Workshops
- New Graduate Programs
- Nursing Leadership Programs
- Opportunities for Nursing Researchers
- Professional Development ➤
- Student Programs ➤
RN First Call
About RN First Call
RN First Call frequently (but not necessarily) occurs in small acute care hospitals, diagnostic and treatment centres and other settings where there is physician or nurse practitioner service available in the community.
Registered nurses who complete BCCNM certification in RN First Call:
- diagnose and treat minor acute illness (including administering, compounding or dispensing Schedule I medications without an order) as set out in BCCNM-approved Decision Support Tools (DSTs).
RN First Call resources include:
- Competencies for RN First Call Certified Practice
- Adult and Pediatric DSTs