- Certified Practice DSTs ➤
- Current Research Projects in BC
- Issues Workshops
- New Graduate Programs
- Nursing Leadership Programs
- Opportunities for Nursing Researchers
- Professional Development ➤
- Student Programs ➤
2020 NNPBC Membership
Voluntary Membership Fees for 2020Since it was established in 2018, NNPBC has continued to evolve as an organization that represents all nursing designations (licensed practical nurses, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses) and to meet the needs of BC nurses.
Please note as of July 1, 2020 half-year fees apply. Full membership fees begin again starting January 1, 2021.
2020 Regular Membership Fees (half-year: July 1 - December 31)
|Canadian Nurses Association (CNA)||$31.83|
If you did not join NNPBC/CNA when completing your BCCNM (College) registration (e.g. any LPN), you may do so now by clicking the button below.
We look forward to continuing to represent all four nursing designations as we work to advance the profession and influence health and social policy and we hope you will join us on this exciting journey!
The fees for non-practising nurses are:
Non-Practising nurses half year fee (July 1 - December 31): $15.00 for NNPBC; $31.83 for CNA = $46.83 + 5% GST = $49.17
Student nurses: $15.00 + GST annually for NNPBC. CNA does not accept student membership.
Retired nurses/non-practising half year fee (July 1 - December 31): $15.00 for NNPBC; $31.83 for CNA = $46.83 + 5% GST = $49.17
Questions?If you have questions about NNPBC membership, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 NNPBC MembershipEffective renewal year 2021, responsibility for CNPS professional liability (PLP) has been transferred to NNPBC.
What does this mean for me?
- RNs, RPNs, NPs and employed students will continue to pay for CNPS Professional Liability Protection (PLP) during their initial registration or registration renewal.
- At the time of renewal, RNs, RPNs, NPs and employed students have two options for their PLP:
- Select the preferential group rate as part of a bundle that includes your required CNPS fee along with NNPBC membership for a cost of $109.20 (RNs/RPs), $236.04 (NPs) and $86.10 (ESNs).
- Select the CNPS only option for for a cost of $164.86 (RNs/RPs), $375.38 (NPs) and $164.85 (ESNs).
- In order to align with the BCCNM registration year, NNPBC will be offering its membership for a 13-month period at a cost of 12 months.
- This transition does not impact LPNs and non-practicing nurses, LPNs and non-practising nurses will be provided with the opportunity to choose to purchase NNPBC membership during their BCCNM renewal or can do this at a later time via the NNPBC website.
2021 Fees Table (NP, RN, RPN, ESN) - Purchased through BCCNM during renewal
|Designation||2020 NNPBC/CNA bundled option||2021 CNPS /NNPBC bundled option *||2021 CNPS Individual Rate (no NNPBC)|
|RNs & RPNs||$129.83 (CNPS purchased through BCCNM in 2020)||$109.20 (13 months, $54.60 for NNPBC and $54.60 for CNPS includes GST)||$164.85 (13 months)|
|NPs||$129.83 (CNPS purchased through BCCNM in 2020)||$236.04 (13 months, $54.60 for NNPBC and $181.44 for CNPS includes GST)||$375.38 (13 months)|
|Employed students||$31.50 (CNPS purchased through BCCNM in 2020)||$86.10 (13 months, $31.50 NNPBC and $54.60 for CNPS includes GST )||$164.85 (13 months)|
* NNPBC membership no longer includes membership in the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA). To join CNA, visit the CNA website.
- Any nurse who chooses not to select the bundled option, may purchase NNPBC through our website at any time at our rate of $54.60 (includes GST).
- Learn more about the benefits of NNPBC.
- Check out our FAQs.
2021 LPN FeeAssociation Membership: $52.00 (13 months) + GST = $54.60
2021 Non-Practising FeeAssociation Membership: $30.00 (13 months) + GST = $31.50
2021 Associate Member Fee (Retired/Student Members -excluding employed students) Fee:Association Membership: $30.00 (13 months) + GST = $31.50
NNPBC Office: #500 - 3777 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 3Z7 | Phone: 604-737-1304 (All calls Toll Free across Canada & the United States) | Email: email@example.com