- ACES Anti-Stigma Workshop
- Advance Care Planning
- Consultations & Surveys
- COVID-19 Resources
- Government Engagement
- Health Awareness /
- Issues Briefs
- Issues Report Form
- NNPBC Blog
- Nursing Now 2020
- Opioid Crisis Resources
- Past Nursing Policy Responses
- Position Statements &
- Rural and Remote Nursing
As the professional association representing all of BC's nurses, NNPBC is the link between nurses, policymakers and government. NNPBC provides opportunities for nurses to engage in policy development and advocacy around issues that impact the nursing profession and the health and well-being of British Columbians.
Nurses have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in identifying and advancing key policy issues that impact their nursing practice, their patients, and their community. NNPBC is strongly committed to ensuring that nurses have opportunities to participate in the policy development and advocacy process through forums, consultations, surveys, email, social media and meetings.
Issues within nursing and the healthcare system are constantly evolving. Nurses are welcome to identify policy areas that you would like us to work on.
- Issues Brief: Social Determinants of Health
- Issues Brief: Bill C-22
- Reporting Racism in Health Care
- Advocacy - Expanded Prescriptive Authority
- Issues Brief: 'Staying Apart to Stay Safe: The Impact of Visit Restrictions on Long-Term Care and Assisted Living Survey': A Nursing Response
- Issues Summary: Addressing Relationship Violence From A Nursing Perspective
- Issues Brief: Immunizations administered by LPNs
- Issues Brief: Patient and Family Centred Care
- Issues Brief: Respecting LGBTQ2S+ Patients/Clients
- Issues Brief: The Decade for People of African Descent
- Issues Summary: Long-Term Care
- Issues Summary: Mental Health Crisis Supports
- Enhancing Rural and Remote Nursing Practice for a Healthier B.C.
- NNPBC/CNA 2020 Budget Consultation Letter
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners of British Columbia (NNPBC) and the Harm Reduction Nurses Association (HRNA) call for the decriminalization of people who use drugs in B.C.
- Aligning our Public Policy Influence with the International Nursing Community"
- I'm Bargaining for Courage: A Director of Care's Thoughts on Leadership in Hospice
- Implementing Involuntary Psychiatric Treatment in B.C.
- Mandatory Influenza Immunization for Health Care Workers: A Recent Policy Change
- Nurses for Planetary Health: A Call to Action
- Shining a light on nursing during COVID-19
- Unintended Equity Consequences of Canadian Cannabis Policy: Reflections on Implications of Medical Cannabis Taxation
- Using Nursing Insights to Inform the MAiD Conversation
- What BC Nurses Need to Know About "Death by a Million Paper Cuts"
- Why Canada needs a Chief Nursing Officer – Now
- Why Nurses Care About the Charter Challenge: Standing Up Against the Threat to our Publicly Funded Health Care System
- Why Nursing is Committed to a Palliative Approach to Care